NYC Indymedia volunteer Brad Will killed in attack by Paramilitaries in Oaxaca
Federal Police and Paramilitaries attack the barricades near Oaxaca’s office of justice, in the Calicante municipality. There aresereveal injured and one person dead.
Indymedia New York’s reporter, BRAD WILL, was shot in the chest and die before get the hospital, while Oswaldo Ramírez, photographer for Milenio Diario, has also been shot and is injured in the foot.
THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR ABOUT BRAD FROM A PERSON WHO WAS THERE WITH HIM:
– He was at the Santa Lucia Barricade
– He was shot from a distance of 30-40 meters right in the pit of the stomach
– They say it was urban paramilitary priistas in plain clothes who shot him
– People then pulled him away to safety; its confirmed that he’s dead; his body is at the red cross in oaxaca
– 3 additional dead (4 total); 1 member of radio universidad was injured, he went to the hospital in a volkswagen cuz no ambulances would come
All my love and solidarity goes out to the people of Oaxaca and to all those who knew Brad. Much more (including a brief rundown on the buildup and reasons for whats going on in Oaxaca) at Angry White Kid.