The State has no problem searching a children’s schoolbus at gunpoint. What kind of scum could do such a thing? The people of Tuhoe have suffered at the hand of the State for far too long, this is just the latest in a long line of indignations they have been subjected to.
All my solidarity goes out to those arrested. Wherever you are, go to the following events, and if there isn’t one where you live, organised one!
- Everywhere: Any letters emailed to lettersforprisoners[at]riseup[dot]net will printed out and distributed to arrestees. Obviously don’t write anything that could negatively impact on you or anyone else!
- Auckland: A solidarity group has been formed, and will meet next on Thursday. Details to come.
- Lower Kaimai: A weekend has been organised to discuss and organise in solidarity with the arrestees [ Callout ].
- Wellington: A meeting to “constructively discuss a reaction” will be held on Tuesday at 7:30pm at 128 Abel Smith St and a solidarity demonstration will be held at Wellington District Court at 2pm Wednesday.
- Christchurch: A solidarity protest will be held in Cathedral Square on Tuesday at 5pm. There will also be another demonstration in Cathedral Square at 12noon on Saturday.
- Melbourne, Australia: Demonstration in support of the arrestees Tuesday, 11am at the Consulate-General of New Zealand, Suite 2, North Level 3 350 Collins Street.
12:10pm – Jamie Beattie Lockett, who faces three charges under the arms act, was released on bail after a hearing in the Auckland District Court today.
12:43pm – Word is that people in Auckland are now being called in by Police for questioning. Our love and solidarity to all, and we strongly urge you to make no comment.
12:55pm – Supporters delivered reading material and money to the four Wellington arrestees last night and this morning.
3:12pm – A report back from the Melbourne Solidarity Demo said there were around 30 people and lots of media.